Someway and somehow, full of ups and downs, I am in my third year of tertiary study. Or as the more ATAS people like to call it, I am in my penultimate year. The year when I should be thinking about securing a good internship position and where I see myself to be working at after I graduate.
Just this week, I have attended 3 recruitment talks, 1 internship fair and have a decent taste of networking in the banking and finance world. Those peeps that know me from the past decade must be EXTREMELY surprised that I am willing to venture into the business world. Someone who has long enjoyed (and still enjoying) the embrace of nature, the astonishment of the great outdoor and one who dream to continuing to discover the great great world, is now putting aside this 23 years dream and taking a risky step into a world ruled by practicality.
Those peeps that knew me enough will be thinking if I am making the correct choice as I am a person who can easily psycho myself into doing something by thinking of all the pro.
Truthfully, I do not know.
What I am doing now is being practical. I hate research. In the short term, I do not foresee myself continuing my studies. So for a physics major, the next wise move will be venturing into a world of quantitative analysis and B&F industry is a place full of opportunities for me.
It is not the pressure of searching and persuading prospective employers that my major is actually relevant to their industry that is intimidating me. It is the realisation that it is time for me to loosen some of my tightly held on beliefs and include real world practicality into my life equation.
Time to grow up. Time to realise my old life equation won't allow me to survive in the real world. I will let go if it is time to let go. Letting go in order to free up myself to grab what the world has to offer. I just hope that the real world will not snatch.
Looking around me, how I hope the everything will just slow down just enough for me to better appreciate their existence in my life.
On a side note, I have to admit that attending business finance, fundamental of management and management decision tools is much more interesting that attending physics modules.
It always feels good after uploading my mind onto blogspot. It is like talking to myself to sort out myself.
Wish everyone a happy life/future here!
Mother's Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment