18 September 2008

NUS Hiking Tour


Found a photo of myself botak....wahahahahahah

Interesting week.

We got two new recruit from the direct intake 04/08 on monday 150908. REC KENNETH and REC JAMES. They are the under-studies for Joel and me respectively. Both seem to have good attitude, shouldn't have any problem with them.
But that also meant that my time in the army is ending soon, felt the ORD withdrawal syndrome like what Weijie keep talking about. I'm going to miss the military activities and all my brothers in the force, from RAVEN BMT to HQ 3 SIB to ALTI HQ to WALLABY to DRAGON BMT and all NSF that I have work with throughout my two years like EX KC/SW 2008 and ALTI ranges.

Shaik once describe the SAF as NEVERLAND. Boys never grow up in the army, but they learn what a men should possess. (Not Applicable to all)

HAha...I think I should leave my ORD speech to a later date.

I escort one of the NSF to the Detention Barrack (DB) on Tuesday for AWOL. DB is the military equivalent of civilian prison. It's my first time doing DB escort and being handcuffed (one hand to the detainee). My mum says it is damn unlucky, but I don't really think so unless I'm handcuffed both-handed.

The cells in the Military Police Enforcement Unit are damn depressing, I can't imagine the actual DB environment. They should arrange BMT recruit to the DB for excursion, I swear they will think twice before they AWOL.

Took half day leave yesterday to accompany JJ to his medical board in NUS. Really hoping he can be upgraded to combat fit so that he will not regret like me for not doing so earlier. But the result is not as planned. but he did got upgraded just that it is not to PES A/B. But he can do alot more than he can as a PES E.

We had Subway lunch at NUS. Then, he want to meet his female friend to chat about something personal so I 'auto' ABIT and excuse myself la. I roamed around NUS on foot for one hour and I think I burn enough calories to feed the whole Africa. The NUS terrain is damn STEEP. I suggest SAF to laise with NUS to allow soldiers to do their route march there. I went back to the Subway but JJ haven't finish chatting, so I wander off again.

For the next one hour, I arrange to meet with Jiayi to go home together and I did the right thing. JJ fly me kite as he is going home with his female friend.

Met Jiayi and her friend. We took the internal shuttle bus she show me around the campus, we alight a quite a few places like King George Rark Residences and NUS Business School so that I can totally feel the campus vibrancy and youthfulness.

I love NUS environment but NTU teaching Team....HOW????

Maybe, ORDing may not be that bad. Switching from Camp to Campus.

Campus life....Mmmm...we shall see...

Kilo Sierra...Waiting for the next High Point...

No comments: